Thursday, May 08, 2008

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the crowd we had at our airshow.

Anderson is a small city. But I think everyone showed up to see the Snowbirds fly. The highways were backed-up and You couldn't see all the cars.

Mom, Dad and I got there early and spent some time looking at the planes on display. Then there was a very good radio controlled plane "airshow". By late afternoon the wind was picking up and I was concerned but just before the scheduled takeoff time the winds moderated. And after playing of the U.S. and Canadian National Anthems the Snowbirds taxied out for a wonderful 45 minute demonstration of precession flying. Equal to any I've ever seen. Oooh's and Ahh's and clapping was thunderous.

What a great time we all had.

I hope they return soon.

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I'm so glad you posted the pix. We saw the Blue Angels once, and they were amazing.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Ahh that's awesome!!