Stark, a billionaire lives in a dream home / shop/ lab at
Stark lives alone except for the company of J.A.R.V.I.S.; Stark's robot butler, systems controller and computer which assist him in the construction and programming of the Iron Man suit.
Jeff Bridges plays the villainous Obadiah Stane, the second-in-command at Stark Industries. Stane, who wants control of the company, will stop at nothing, even Starks murder to get it.The film has been in development since 1990. And the results are great. Particularly
Here is a quick plot outline:(Spoilers)
- During a business trip to
to demonstrate Stark Industries' new weapon Stark is kidnapped by the terrorist group who order him to build them weapons. Afghanistan
- Instead, he secretly builds a crude powered armor suit fueled by a miniature "arc reactor".
- The arc reactor also supplies an electromagnet which prevents some embedded shrapnel from killing him.
- After his escape aided by the suit, Stark reconsiders his life, and his attitude about the building of weapons.
- This change in direction angers the evil Stane who has been supplying weapons to both the
troops and the terrorists groups, playing both sides. U.S.
- Stark builds a more powerful and reliable mini-arc reactor and suit. Along the way learning the truth about Stane's intentions.
- Stane has the company (without Stark) build a larger seemingly more powerful suit for himself using Starks plans which he found.
- They do battle. (I am not giving the ending away here.)