Friday, October 17, 2008


Yesterday was a long day filled with miles of driving. About 250 miles mostly on rural roads, passing through four or five small towns and two larger urban areas. While driving, mostly to help pass the time, I started counting the presidential campaign signs. It was my own very unscientific poll. If my count was true to the entire nation then Republican McCain / Palin ticket will win in an overwhelming landslide. In fact I only saw one Obama sign the entire trip and that was in front of the democratic party headquarters in one of the large cities. But unfortunately my poll is vastly inaccurate. For one I was driving mostly the back roads out in the country. And I believe rural people tend to be much more conservative. Then too my drive was in South Carolina and Georgia which are both red states. It was a meaningless exercise, but interesting non the less.

Today is my wedding anniversary. I am sure that beyond any shadow of a doubt I am the luckiest man on earth. Seventeen years ago I made the second greatest choice of my life, when I confirmed " I DO ". My bride is a beautiful, smart, amazing woman. She is a Godly woman, truly sold out to Jesus. Every part of her world is guided by that faith. I am blessed to be loved by someone who has more talent and ability in one finger than I have in my whole being. She is the most important person in my life and my best friend.

I am thankful for her and her influence on my world. She is an answer to prayer everyday in my life. I love you sweetheart, you are my dream come true.



No comments: