This is the 60th day of the year. It's flying past so fast. I still have trouble writing 2007 on things. There are only 306 days left in 2008. Only 300 day until Christmas.
Today is Leap Day.
There are strange events tied to this day. And several interesting births
I missed it by ONE WEEK myself. Wouldn't that have been cool.
Here are some facts:
- 1504 - Christopher Columbus uses his knowledge of a lunar eclipse that night to convince Native Americans to provide him with supplies.
- 1892 - St. Petersburg, Florida incorporated.
- 1916 - Child labor: In South Carolina, the minimum working age for factory, mill, and mine workers is raised from twelve to fourteen years old.
- 1960 - Family Circus cartoon makes its debut.
- 1972 - Hank Aaron becomes the first player in the history of Major League Baseball to sign a $200,000 contract.
- 1996 - A Peruvian Boeing 737 crashes in the Andes, killing 123 people.
- 2004 - Jean-Bertrand Aristide resigns as President of Haiti following popular rebel uprising.
- 1468 - Pope Paul III (d. 1549)
- 1692 - John Byrom, English poet (d. 1763)
- 1904 - Jimmy Dorsey, American bandleader (d. 1957)
- 1916 - Dinah Shore, American singer (d. 1994)
- 1920 - Howard Nemerov, American poet (d. 1991)
- 1924 - Carlos Humberto Romero, President of El Salvador
- 1936 - Jack Lousma, astronaut
- 1944 - Dennis Farina, American actor
- 1947 - Ian Anderson, British musician, Jethro Tull
- 1960 - Tony Robbins, American motivational speaker
- 1972 - Dave Williams, American singer (Drowning Pool) (d. 2002)
- 1976 - Ja Rule, American rapper and actor
- 1980 - Chris Conley, American musician
Today is an "extra day" a gift......Don't waste it.