Monday, March 03, 2008

My loving wife is not a doctor.

But today she plays one. Like all guys I regress to six years old when I feel bad. And I feel bad today. Dr Sweetie says I have a cold. I do have most of the classic symptoms. Slight fever, cough, aches and pains, and general malaise and headache.

Acute viral nasopharyngitis, is the official term. That sounds more serious doesn't it? There are no vaccines are available for a cold however, I am told that once you have caught one of the many cold viruses, you become immune should never catch that particular strain again. I guess that is why they are all different.

I've done almost nothing today but sit and stare blankly and take naps. Most cold wisdom declares it will last around 7 days with treatment or about a week without. You can rest assured I am taking everything I can find to relieve symptoms.

I did eat some Chicken soup

Why do we say a BAD cold? Aren't they all bad?

My cold is a nasty critter.


No comments: