Thursday, June 19, 2008


4-20-07

The first professional Major league baseball game I ever went to was the California Angels at Angel Stadium in Anaheim California. I was just a kid but I remember it just like it was last week. They played the Oakland A’s and won the game 4 to 3. I remember Brooks Robinson hitting not one but two solo home runs.

I attended a lot more games in the next few years. Even saw Nolan Ryan pitch a no-hitter until ninth. Angel Stadium holds a lot of memories. Our Hotel was only a couple blocks from the ball-park so naturally Kristie and I wanted to attend.

The Braves at Turner Field in Atlanta and the Angels in Anaheim within 15 days.

After the game we were off to Saddleback church again. This time we were not so rushed and had plenty of time to explore the campus and enjoy the whole experience.

2 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Whoa! They had baseball when you were a kid?!?
Just kiddin

Charles said...

Yeah but it was in black & white

lol