Monday, July 16, 2007

Yesterday was a blast. On Saturday night when Kristie and I got home from our flying adventures I had a message waiting on voice mail. Could I fill in running camera at church in the morning services? I love hanging with the production team so sure I could. Funny after the second service I had this feeling I should remind them I would be at church again that night, and anytime I was needed ...etc. Just as I got there Ken
( AvClub ) was hanging up the phone. The call was from a team member who could not make it. So I found myself filling in on camera 4 for the evening. I never ran camera four before. It is the only mobile camera we have and it is right down front. I was slightly nervous. But the team were kind and helpful and I got through it. It was so much fun. I really hope to train a little more and to run it again soon.
Joel was my grip and without him I could not have done it I am sure. Thanks my friend.
So I got to hear Steven Furtick ( our guest speaker ) four times. He is great so I enjoyed all four services. I've been reading his blog for a while now and he is on fire and leading a growing church that rocks.
We ran into Dennis and Brenda at Firehouse Sub after church. They are such a hoot. Funny stories and tales of jokes on campus and about city officials. Dennis is City councilman and runs the physical plant at the University. He and his wife are just an all around fun couple.
We were also rubbing elbows with the stars too. Burton 'Bubba' Gilliam ( Blazing Saddles, Fletch ) and Johnny Mann two time Grammy winner were there along with their families. Both are still active in movies and music. Seems they live here in Anderson, now and commute back to Nashville and Hollywood.

2 comments:

ken said...

I'm glad you were in the right place at the right time. Thanks!

Charles said...

I had a blast. I'd do it anytime I can.

Brian was great and took time to give me a couple pointers when I asked between services. Thanks for the faith in me.

Truly I am thankful for NewSpring and the love being a part of such a team.