Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tuesday came too soon. Kevin and I struggled to awaken before noon. We had stayed up until 3 am watching movies and talking the night away. But Tuesday was the day. We had called my dad, Kevin's granddad (aka " GP ") to see if he wanted to fly with us to take Kevin home. We hopped in the plane and flew down to Franklin County airport, where we picked "GP" up. Then we flew on down to meet Kevin's mom. There were rain showers all around so we had to zig and zag a little to avoid the big ones but still flew through a few light showers. Actually it was great. Safe and the plane was dusty anyway. We arrived right on time. ( oops sorry that never happened before ) And we all had a fantastic lunch at the Spirfire Deli right there at the airport.
After a very good and filling lunch ( I needed hand trucks ) dad and I flew back to his airport and sat around on the airport porch swing for a while just talking. I had so much fun.
Then I flew on home and through another light shower near Hartwell to complete the plane washing.

When I landed and was putting the plane in the hanger the winch became stuck. It took me almost an hour to free and rewind the cable, but it is working now.

Kristie and I enjoyed the evening just sitting together and relaxing to some soft Jazz. Everyone should have a George Benson cd ready.

No comments: