Friday, July 06, 2007


Evan Almighty

This past Saturday after we all had a good meal at Master's Wok we hit AmStar... I'm sorry the Grand. Why bother with a name change?

Evan Almighty is a follow-up film from Bruce Almighty. To be honest even without Jim Carey, I liked it better than Bruce Almighty which was good. Evan has a good message, it was very funny, Wanda Sykes, Evan's asst. was hilarious (literally, every word out of that woman's mouth is hysterical).
I will admit that I was torn over going to see this movie. I was concerned the film would mock Christianity. Instead it was uplifting. I enjoyed myself from beginning to end. I would recommend this movie to anyone of any age. Bruce Almighty, while funny and having a good message was filled with overacting and sexual innuendos. Not so with this movie. It was wholesome and I did in fact walk out with a HUGE smile on my face. We need to stop making Christianity so boring, and laugh a little more. Because I'm sure that God gets a nice little chuckle Himself watching us. In fact I expect it happens often.

Go see it. It may not win an Oscar, but it'll put a smile to your face and keep you entertained for an hour and a half.

No comments: