Thursday, July 12, 2007


A couple days ago I finally went to see Oceans Thirteen. I was disappointed. Ok so I had read the reviews and expected it to be a pale shadow of the first one. With a few exceptions it was disappointing even after my lowered expectations. One big problem with Ocean's Thirteen is that the plot itself isn't believable. For the most part the acting was poorly done, like on remote control. And I did not like the editing. It jumps from scene to scene in a jarring manor. And there are just too many characters!
So many things could have been done just slightly different and saved the thing. But worst of all was the misuse and/or under use of Ellen Barkin She is such a great presence and was forced into such a small poorly written part.
I think the movie was forced and overly complicated for no reason other than to be complicated. Also I was never felt threatened by Al Pacino's Willy Banks, and nether were the Oceans gang. He was like a comic book gangster. And Elliott Gould's accent was ...B.A.D. bad! He's better than that. All in all I think this was just a filler for everyone involved. A wallet filler for some. I wonder just where the $100,000000 went?

Save your money

No comments: