Friday, May 25, 2007


Would you be willing to travel to the ends of the earth and beyond for a friend? Pirates 3 opened today. And it seemed the entire cast from the first two movies were there. At the end of part two they were about to mount a rescue of Capt. Jack.

This is not a review...maybe later.... this movie deserves to be seen several times. I expect to see it again tomorrow with my nephew Kevo .... it's a tradition, and I hope to see it yet again Tuesday with Dan and Danny as we talked about at Spiderman. ( CALL ME )

NO SPOILERS HERE

A good movie will hook you within the first five minutes. Pirates 3 does that big time. In fact the first 15 minutes in Singapore were worth my ticket price.

Pirates has an interesting plot with a lot of twists and turns. I was never sure of who was with who. Every one has their own agenda. Rescuing Jack for most was a means to an end.

I figured out tiny plot pieces along the way and thought I had the whole thing figured out. I was wrong. It has just the right blend of tension and comedy sometimes within the same scene. I love the part where the British officer asks if Jack had a master Plan or just make it all up at the moment.

The effects were good and the locations were breath taking. And the interplay between characters was great. And the competition between all the pirate captains especially between Jack and Barbosa was well done. Watch for the scene with the telescopes. It almost had me sitting on the floor laughing.

The story line between Will and Elizabeth was interesting. Elizabeth never wore a dress that I remember.

Keith Richards was not what I had expected. But his brief time on screen was actually very good. He is Jacks father and I believed it. Older, rougher, and maybe wiser. Not as quirky as Jack yet strange in his own way.

The credits ran at least 8 -10 minutes and the number of names was massive.

Danny, you, Kristie and all my CPA buddies will be interested to know there were only 6 or so accountants listed ... I may have missed more. The credits were truly Massive .

Lee McDermont was listed as a stunt man. He's not fooling me with the"O" . Now I know what Lee is doing when he is away from NewSpring. Napoleon Dynamite indeed

Like all the Pirate flicks. Stay and Watch the credits..... There is a whole other scene after the are done and though the house was full only four of us saw the final part.
SEMI SPOILER HERE

Yes they left it very very open for another Pirates in fact the pretty much hinted of the title.

3 comments:

Jane said...

you've been tagged!

We looked for you today after the 4:15 service, but didn't see you... Jack thought maybe you had called in sick.

Charles said...

Kristie and were at the 4:15, but it was one of my weeks off camera. We rotate the staff so we can enjoy the services with our families.

We usually sit on the left side of the middle section about 6-8 rows from the front.

Brad was good tonight

Jane said...

We must have been sitting about 7-10 rows behind you! We were behind the usher and his wife. We got there just as the service was starting. I was thinking this was your week on...

I'm not sure what our schedule will be like with Nikita being here. We will sometimes be at the host church, and then we will have to consider Jack's work schedule... it would be so much easier if our host church were NS!