Sunday, May 20, 2007

Busy Sunday for us. Last night ( sat ) Kristie and I did not get in until 2 am. We had attended the Steven Delopoulos show in Greenville. This morning came quickly. It's Homecoming at Kristie's old family church. And better still one of our favorite, most beloved former pastors and personal friend Rev Wayne Durden was going to be there to preach. We struggled past the groggy-sleepy eyes and got down to Hartwell in time for morning services. Hartwell Church is Holy Ghost filled place. They conduct the services old style. Quiet the contrast in style from NewSpring. I love both. Brother Wayne preached some things that have been on my mind lately. It's funny how God works that. I had not seen or talked to him in maybe a year. He lives way down in middle Georgia. But God placed a message on his heart, that was the same one I had been thinking of several days now. About how much would you do to see Jesus of he were in town for a " show " Would you camp out for tickets, would you fight the crowds for a front row seat.

I'll post more of my thoughts on that shortly.

After preaching we went to the social hall for dinner. I am here as a witness, little ole' Church of God ladies can sure enough cook. And the Pie's ..Oh My

We got home just in time for thirty minutes nap then we dressed, this time forget the coat and tie ( thank you Jesus and NewSpring ). In fact as a contrast I was dressed just right in a pair of olive drab shorts a T and flip flops. And a whole lot more comfortable.

Perry spoke on who is Jesus?

When we got home tonight, Kris and I just about fell to the couch and vegged out. I did find the strength to play my new Steven Delopoulos "Live at the BlueBird" cd. Love it.

1 comment:

Rita Loca said...

I grew up in Greenville. well, all my elementary years anyway. my dad was at Bob Jones University. we used to go visit friends in Anderson. and yeah, the cooking down south...Aint nothin' like it!