Monday, May 28, 2007

8 unknown about me.


I love the movie Elizabethtown. There is a great line in it where the flight attendant says, " Trust Me, people are never as mysterious as the think they are."

Eight facts I have not written about my be hard to find. Or be very obscure, but since I was
Tagged

1.I was trapped in a mountain cabin for four days because of a snow storm.

2.I can climb a coconut tree and open a coconut in under 5 minutes ( or could anyway )

3. Most of you know I am a pilot and have a small plane. But few of you are aware that I have broken the sound barrier in a jet at the AirForce Academy ( I was not the pilot ) . Also I have flown more than 100 hours in a B-52 simulator in full combat simulations. And have logged more than 80 hours in a Boeing Jet simulator. My dad was in simulators while in the Air Force. I once owned a C-47/DC-3 training simulator. It was about the size of a dodge van. Yes it worked.
4.I was arrested and spent a night in jail for " drag racing in a cemetary " The charges were dropped. We really were innocent. I think it was a joke on me , looking back.

5.I was threatened by a bear, bitten by a rattlesnake, and nearly killed by lightning within a two hour span once.

6.I am afraid of heights. But flying in a plane never bothers me. I do force myself to go up tall buildings like the the Sears Tower, and walk the Golden Gate Bridge and things of that nature as a test.

7.As a child we spent years living in locations without tv. We don't have cable, or dish, or even an antenna right now. I watch almost no broadcast tv to this day.

8.This one is not so secret. I want to move to the SouthEast coast of Alaska, buy Blake Island and build a home.

2 comments:

Jane said...

cool! Thanks for sharing, I love to find out non-typical conversation items about people.... helps ya to know where a person is coming from!

Happy Memorial Day Monday to you!
Jane

Rita Loca said...

I want to hear the story about number 5!!! Thanks for your prayers and comments. Things are still ...topsy turvy here!