Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ok I'll admit it. I guess I am a softy. Some movies get to me.

We had mom and dad over tonight for supper. Because it is the second most important holiday in Mexican culture, "Cinco de Mayo", I made Chinese food.

Mom and dad came early and while dad and I caught-up on things Kristie and mom went to check out some shopping. After they got back I fired up every pan we own plus the wok, and made some dinner. When I cook I create mostly at the spur of the moment. This time I had a new idea I wanted to try, and I must brag, it turned out pretty good.

After the Key Lime pie ( mom's favorite ) we get comfortable to watch "Elizabethtown". One of my all time picks. A romantic comedy about finding yourself, living life and discovering what is really important, and finding the right girl too.

"Elizabethtown" stars Orlando Bloom as a young man who is a total failure at life. He lost his company a billion dollars, gets fired and dumped by his girlfriend all in one day. Just as he is about to end it all he get a call that his father had died while visiting Kentucky. Kirsten Dunst plays a Flight Attendant who has a overwhelmingly optimistic attitude, and makes it her mission to take care of him after meeting him on his journey to be with the father. Along the way she teaches him about life as they fall in love.

I love this movie as my 3 disc special edition proves. Oh and it has the best soundtrack in a flick in years.

The evening ended too soon.

2 comments:

Jane said...

another fun Saturday in your family! You are just the party animal on Saturdays!

Charles said...

Oh yeah the fun never stops. Next week is watch paint dry contest, and after that if there is time.....the listen to the grass grow.