Tuesday, May 08, 2007



Dan, Danny and I went to see "Spiderman 3" tonight. I'm sure everyone in the civilized world and those in California too will have seen the movie. And by now will have read 164 reviews. I'll not do one here other than to say I enjoyed it and thought it was good. There were a lot of moral choices to be made. Will the rage inside win?
Will Peter do the right thing or will he turn to the dark side? Will he lose M.J. ?

Two lessons I heard were:
  1. Stand by your friends and never forget those who are important to you.
  2. There are choices in life, always choose what is the right thing to do.
DirtBoy aka Sandman and Venom were cool. The effects were good. At $258 million they should have been amazing. However I thought the liquid guy in "T2" was just as good. ( I'll be Baaak ) The pre-credits ( titles ) were best as far as effects I thought. Casting Topher Grace was genius.

I read the movie grossed $382 million just in the opening weekend. Now that is amazing.

Oh AmStar has a life sized 3-D Silver Surfer in the lobby. Please someone send me a picture up close of that.

2 comments:

Danny Nelson said...

A $382 million opening weekend would be amazing indeed. However, I believe it was more like $151 million. It still broke the opening weekend box office record last set by Pirates 2.

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/

Charles said...

You are right in quoting the 151 million. I was refering to the worldwide to date as quoted in box office review.

Variety, 2007-05-07.