Tuesday, May 01, 2007



I spent all day at the prop shop today. It was time to have the propeller re-dressed and balanced. I flew the plane to the shop this morning in Atlanta. Balancing a prop on a plane requires running the engine at high power levels while measurements are taken. Then much like a car tire, weights are added until the system has few vibrations I also had the prop refinished to remove any nicks and scratches. I did not expect to be standing in the HOT (92°F) all day on a ramp at an airport. I am sunburned and thirsty but we "got 'er done" I could feel the difference, it was much smoother at high power setting like take-off.

Lisa, my sister-in -law, ( Kristie's brother's wife) lost her father to cancer last night. Leroy was a fine person, a true man of God. He left us with a lifetime of wisdom. Please remember the family in prayer. Also include Kristie and her dad as they drive the 7 hours to be with the family.

I may try to fly up very early Thursday morning and join them, then fly right back after the services. I'm still working on the details with work.

No comments: