Saturday, March 31, 2007

Work day around the house. I awoke after a bad night. My sinus' woke me and kept me up most of the night. I'll be glad when the pollen season is over. But after I got going I headed out to work on the house. We rebuilt our back porch last fall, extending the roof over the deck with the idea of later turning that into a Sun room or Florida room. But I never got around to finishing the gable end covering with siding. This area is very high (25-28 feet) and to be honest I have a fear of heights. Odd for a pilot, eh. I figured a way to secure the ladder so it could not slip and that helps. Anyway I spent a couple hours putting up my temporary bracing for that. Then I moved to the deck. I have never liked the steps on the deck so I tore them off. Redesigned and rebuilt them and reattached them. I am not used to that type work so I was tired. Combined with those sinus' I felt like I'd been mashed by a Sherman Tank. I also took the door panel off my truck and began the job of fixing the cracked door handle. I need a part to complete that. It'll be hard to find I fear. But the door is working for now.

Don't forget Lee at the Carpenters Shop tonight. See you there. I'll be the one who looks exhausted.

No comments: