Saturday, March 24, 2007



Spring Break at college lets my wife enjoy one who day off. We spent the day doing lazy fun things. First she and I slept in a little this morning. Then after a few relaxing hours around the house we headed to Clemson to visit the ducks at the Botanical Gardens. But we were hungry so we first hit the Mellow Mushroom for a couple subs. I had the steak and cheese and she had the grilled chicken. I am a manly man and I have to have my red meat, but even though mine was good hers was better. Go figure. We sat and watched some tennis and then mid-late afternoon we headed to the gardens. It was so nice and peacful. I have some photos that are beautiful. I will try to post them shortly. Because it was getting dark we headed back to Anderson and on a whim pulled in to AmStar again. We had been hearing about "Amazing Grace". Good acting in this one. A good true story about fighting for what is right. William Wilberforce was an 18th-century member of Parliament in England who led efforts to abolish slave trade. And it also told the story of John Newton, a minister and former slave ship captain, who wrote the hymn "Amazing Grace", inspired by his becoming a Christ follower.

No comments: