Sunday, April 01, 2007


My usual Sunday routine changed today. Kris and I attended the 11;15 Services in place of our normal 4:15 time. Danielle, the daughter of my friend Don who recently passed away called and ask if I could join her for dinner since it was her Dad's birthday. I have lost two close friends in the past couple years and I am thankful for the chance to connect with their children.
We all met a Applebee's and had a nice time eating and talking about the memories. After while Kristie went to our homegroup early to fix the food ( it was our night ) I went to the graveside for a few minutes, with Danielle and her kids. We placed some flowers on the grave shared a few more memories and even laughed. Don would have liked that.
Donald Brown Sewell, I miss you man, but we'll see one another again. I'll keep an eye on Danielle for ya.

I made it to home group just a few minutes late, but caught up to speed fast. It was mostly just a social night. We are off next week and then it's back to our regular studies.

No comments: