Saturday, February 17, 2007

The very best in Southern Gospel music came to Anderson Saturday night. Greater Vision held a benefit concert at Whitefield Baptist Church near the Jockey Lot. I've known these guys esp Gerald since my days with a group, maybe 25 years or so. And I think they are without a doubt the best. They have been doing a lot of televised shows with Dr Charles Stanley so check them out and see if I am right. Local group Total Praise opened and was very good. And I won a free CD by answering the pre-show trivia question correctly. What is the number one most sung song in America? No it is not Amazing Grace (should be) it is Happy Birthday. The benefit was for a cause I strongly believe in and support. Haven of Rest.

It was good to see my old friend from Toastmasters, Bud Moon. Bud you did a great job as M.C.

No comments: