Wednesday, February 28, 2007


The Lady Trojans hosted the second round of playoff at A.U. tonight. Facing Belmont Abbey college. A team we had split a couple games with during the regular season. Before the game I was in the Trojan Room eating my weight in Chicken Strips and I commented we needed a quick 10 -12 point lead if hope to win this game. I got my wish. Belmont took the tip-off but missed the points and A.U. rebounded, and scored again and again. A 15 -0 Anderson run opened the action. Dee Dee scored 31 points tonight and Kim added 20 and 11 rebounds. What a night. Several other A.U. players had great nights too. The final score was 84-58 in a game which saw every single Trojan player get some game time. What a show. That's 26 in a row at home. This years seniors are now 107-21 over all. The Lady Trojans play at Pfeiffer Friday afternoon starting at 4 pm. They face Barton in the 3rd round. Go A.U.

I made a big mistake on my road to recovery today. When I awoke this morning I was feeling much better. Except for a headache that I incorrectly thought was a normal sinus type that I get sometimes. So I took a Claritin. I was wrong. It turned out to be a relapse day for my cold. Claritin was the wrong thing to take for cold symptoms. Now I have to wait 24 hours for it to run out before taking a cold medication. By mid afternoon I was miserable. Aches and pains, a very slight fever and tiny little cough. But I napped and shook it off with soup in time for the ball game. Grand Ma was right about soup. I'll be more careful tomorrow.

No comments: