Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today was a packed full Sunday. And no I am NOT talking about just from eating with Kristie’s Grandmother and her family. ( HOME COOKIN’ OH MY ) Kristie’s cousin Wade Chitwood was preaching at Hartwell Church of God today and we all wanted to be there. You would never have known it was only his second sermon since he surrendered to the call to preach. Wade spoke on stepping out of the boat. Like Peter did when he stepped out then lost focus and sank. And why the others just sat there. Why we are always testing the waters but never fully acting. Wade's father Kristies uncle Jerry was Pastor of one of the largest and fastest growing Churches in Georgia, North Rome. And has for several years worked in the General Offices of the Church of God and is currently heading the Church offices in Charlotte, North Carolina. Needless to say, Papa Jerry was proud to be there.


After Lunch and a short visit with the family we returned to NewSpring for the “Hard Core” 4:15 service. Perry referred to the 4:15’ers as the “Hard Core” because we are in the south and the Daytona 500 was on. Interesting I saw several ties to Wade’s message and Perry’s. It was also communion tonight. “The Lord’s Supper” for those who talk like me.


Then homegroup. This was our first night in the new series on marriage for us and I admit I was not looking forward to “baring my soul”. But it was pretty good. I guess even my “perfect Marriage” can pick up a few hints from time to time. Thanks for the take home project of animal crackers Monica

No comments: