Friday, August 10, 2007



Kristie's and her staff reached another milestone in this unusual year. The first round of the audits have drawn to a close. Since Kristie has been there, she started hosting an annual outing to celebrate their hard work.

One year they went to the Federal Reserve and to CNN for a tour. Another year it was BMW and movies. But no matter where or what every year they relax, laugh , eat and have a great time. I take an active role and help out with the planning and events so they always include me in the festivities.

For this year Kristie and I planned a hanger party at the airport. They would set up and grill, churn ice cream and play games while a few at a time I would load up and take them flying. We figured on several trips to ride everyone so we planned a whole afternoon.

I was a good idea but the audits lasted a month and a half longer this year so we pushed back the party. Guess what happens in August in South Carolina. HOT HOT and Humid. Everyone was excited at the prospect of a flying around the area. But we managed to pick the hottest day of the season. The forecast called for around 100 degrees so we changed our plans. We started early with a morning of flying and a breakfast buffet at the hanger and planned to be gone by 11am.

It was a blast, though still very hot. Hot pavement and metal hangers are not a summer place to be. It officially hit 104 at the airport at 2pm.

The flights were nice however. And with the 260 hp fan running the plane was not too bad. I think they everyone had fun seeing the local landmarks, the mall, their office and most cases their homes. We all had fun but I think the three student workers had the most fun by far. Laughing , oohing, aahing and pointing out things.

Funny not a single one from that office had flown before other than Kristie. So I got to add half a page of new first time fliers to my log.

After several flights we all headed to Chili's for lunch ( popular vote. ) And then being the only guy I bowed out while the ladies went to a movie. No Reservations. Kristie says I would have liked it so I suspect we will go one evening next week to see it. Actually the synopsis sounds pretty good.

I still need to see Bourne. Can you believe it?

2 comments:

Rodney said...

Hiya! Nice blog!

Rita Loca said...

I remember always being glad to have that big "FAN" turned on in Venezuela!