Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I have taken the past couple days off. Actually I was just plain tired and just didn't feel like writing. Tonight I am going to catch-up a little so I need to borrow a blog phrase. This is a "Mind Dump" post.


NewSpring on Sunday:

I hope you were there, but if not, I really wish you had been at NewSpring this week.

First we changed the counter ( before services ) to 8 minutes this week only because the lead in song was Stairway to Heaven (yes LED ZEP ) and like they said, "You just don't cut Stairway in the middle".

Then the band came out and kicked it up a notch with a super heavy set. Including Cochise by Audioslave. After a couple more songs the lights went down even more and a video started. It was a series of man on the street interviews via video about if Hell was a real place. It was surprising what people said. During the interviews the band played an instrumental version of Hells Bells _ AC/DC very loud in spots yet soft when the people on the video spoke. And then we had PYRO --FIRE FIRE and all over the place. It was the wildest thing ever at NewSpring.

At the end of the video six guys walked out to a nearly dark stage as pallbearers with a coffin. Perry started preaching from inside it . That was cool. Then popped out a few minutes later. Over 120 people got saved. AMAZING

You've GOT to watch the podcast .



Underdog the Movie:

If you know me or read this blog you know I am crazy about cartoons. One of the greatest cartoons was about a dog with super powers. Underdog .

Speed of lightning, Roar of thunder ... There's no need to fear...Underdog is here.

I was excited when I heard they were making this into a movie. I was not disappointed. GO SEE THIS !!!!

Kristie and I went Monday night and it ROCKED !!!!!!




National S'mores Day :

Friday is the day to celebrate a great snack. It's National S'mores Day

Take couple of graham crackers, a marshmallow and add a piece of chocolate and you’ve got a masterpiece .

Hershey Candies says Friday is National S’mores Day, so lets all eat one of the sweet, gooey, crunchy wonders.




Remembering Hiroshima :

Monday was Hiroshima Day. It's been 62 years since we told the world about the atomic age. I visited there years ago and there are still visible reminders everywhere.

Pray it never has to happen again.

No comments: