Monday, June 25, 2007


Kristie's brother and his family dropped by Hartwell on their way back home from their vacation Friday night. They are leaving the kids, Katelyn and Logan with their Grandparents for a week. The visit comes at a busy time for Kristie but that's the only time they could work something out. We went down and spent the day with them all Saturday and part of Sunday. It was nice because they live too far away and we get so little time together.
Logan who is eight, has dreams of being a field goal kicker in Pee Wee Football this fall so he and I spent a lot of time at the high school practice field kicking on Saturday. Logan didn't do half bad. He only got this idea over the last few days but after a few pointers he was kicking about 45-55 % from the twenty yard line. Remember he is only eight and weighs in at just over 65 lbs. If it had not been so hot and humid it would have been even more fun.
On Sunday we planned to attend the late service so we could be with the Richard and Lisa before they headed home after lunch. Kristie's mom lived up to her rep. She pulled out all the stops and we feasted on pintos and cornbread and ham and potato salad and pie my my.
Sunday evening Kristie got an urgent call to come by her office. We were already on the way to NewSpring so I dropped her off. I got there and wondered upstairs for a moment when Steven saw me and ask if I could fill in on camera. I said sure no problem, and just like that the countdown started. It was fun except, I did not have my glasses, so it was hard to keep in focus. I did have a rather awkward pair of reading specs in my pocket that helped some.

Well that was a quick update on what's going on around here. More later.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I take it you don't need your glasses to drive and walk?

Charles said...

Ha Ha ha .. Well I am not Mr Magoo yet. Actually I only need glasses to read in poor light. I don't even use them here on the computer. Just on the camera monitor.

But I am working on it.