Saturday, June 16, 2007


I am a gadget freak. One of the toys I love is a small hand held GPS unit. My Garmin Geko is smaller than a cell phone. About the size of a Zippo lighter. I bought for when I go somewhere new. The size lets me take it when I wonder among the sites. I enjoy walking around. But out on the streets it's easy to get confused what direction you need to go. At least using the Geko I can find my hotel or car again. It works pretty good to. Except in downtown Chicago or New York. In both places the signal sometimes gets blocked by the tall buildings.

The GPS has a button that when pushed gives a 10 second countdown to power off. I was thinking wouldn't it be nice if people had a sleep button that worked like that?

I thought I would never fall asleep last night. Seems like I was there staring at the ceiling for hours before I finally "powered down". Don't you wish sometimes you could just go to bed, hit the button and click, you're out for the night?

No comments: