Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!


I hope you all had great one. We all have so many things to be thankful for. As I said in a post a few days ago this has been an unusual year for me and my family. We had highs and lows sometimes in the same days. But we've seen it through with Gods help and guidance.

We celebrated our blessings a little differently this year. Dad is still in the rehab center and not currently allowed to leave except for doctor visits. So we moved our family get together to my sisters home which is closest to where dad is. It started early yesterday and continued this morning as Kristie prepared a massive feast worthy of kings. We hauled it all down to sis where she added her own cooking delights. Needless to say no one went hungry. While things were done in a lower key style it still seemed like Thanksgiving for us except dad's absence at the table leading the charge to eat until you burst.


Quickly as soon as we all had our fill and dishes were cleared we all piled into our cars and dashed off to be with dad.

He is still restricted to a feeding tube. He's been that way for four weeks now, since his last close call at the hospital. But next week we hope he'll be green lighted by his doctors to return to eating. It'll build both his strength and his moral. Dad had a great day today and all enjoyed spending time together.

God has blessed this family, and honored our prayers concerning dad. This situation has taught me so many lessons. Most of all it has taught me NOT to take for granted things in life.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. And I pray that you remember the real reasons for the celebration.

No comments: