Wednesday, October 25, 2006


I finally got to see "The Departed" tonight. It was a good movie with a well written and compelling story about cops, gangsters, working undercover and the lines getting blurred. An all star cast including, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Ray Winstone, Vera Farmiga, Anthony Anderson, Alec Baldwin. Jack Nicholson is great, scary and believable as a mob boss. Matt Damon is very good as a bad cop, and Leonardo DiCaprio is amazing as the undercover cop in the mob. This guy has impressed me in his last few movies. Very well written and well acted, with a few surprises you don't see coming. I believe well hear some Oscar nods for this film.

2 comments:

Danny Nelson said...

I saw this movie on opening weekend. I thought it was extremely realistic. Realistic in that the murders were convincing, I wouldn't know about the realism of being a mobster. I agree that Oscar nods are forthcoming. My favorite aspect of this movie is the way it tied up every single loose end. I won't expand on that, but if you've seen this movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Reel Fanatic said...

I certainly wasn't expecting, going in, to see Leo be able to hold his own and more with these great actors, but he certainly did . Mr. Scorsese's Oscar drought should certainly end with this great flick