Monday, April 23, 2007

Kristie always meets with her friends one night a month. They get together right after work to eat, laugh, talk about old times and generally just have a good time. The fun time usually doesn't break-up until 10:30 -11. Sometimes I am a bit jealous because she has known these girls since they were all three. I never had that chance. Coming from a military family I never lived in the same state more than a couple of years. But then I had traveled to 47 states and 12 counties by age 15. So I guess it all equals out. Tonight was her girls night out, but with a twist. The guys were invited along for tonight only. We met at Olive Garden and were seated by around 5:45. Though we came straight home it was 10:30 before we got in. I never heard so many funny stories and tales. Found out who dated who in school, who was most popular and who had the coolest parents.
It was fun. But I'll bet our poor waitress was glad to see us all eight of us leave. (We did tip big ..she deserved it )

I was on the way home in a silly mood I guess when I saw a funny sign. On a gas station / store marque. It said Grizzly Rolls $ 6.99 . Now I know what they meant but I got to thinking what would a Grizzly roll look like and who would want one? And HOW DOES ONE get that? Maybe it was because of the weekends Pig Pickin' that got me thinking along these lines. Gotta be tough to BBQ a Grizzly.

* BTW .. Next time you go try the NEW Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara. It is chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta and parmesan cream sauce, baked and topped with seasoned breadcrumbs. ( at least that's what the menu says... I just know it is good. )

No comments: