Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I posted Wednesday night about NewSpring. My comment that I
wondered if we were building big enough got me thinking. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so very much to be thankful for. Interestingly, most of it is related to NewSpring and
reminds me how much my church ties into my life.
Growing up in church doesn't always mean you are walking arm in arm with Gods will for your life. From time to time I've tried to "take the wheel" and point things in the direction I thought was best. Isn't it great how God is patient and how he was waiting there when I realized what a mess I was making of things. One of the ways I think that is best to remind me to let God be in control and to help me to walk closer to him is to be active in church. I am glad I found a church that believes and practices what God says. Not watered down or modified in any way. I am glad I found a church that teaches one simple thing. " LOVE GOD " A church that pulls no punches when it comes to his word. A church where I can be comfortable worshiping yet challenged every day.

No comments: