Saturday, June 18, 2011

You don't really need a scientific study to tell you the percentage of the population that eats out. Especially on a Friday evening. One drive down the main drag of most towns show restaurant after restaurant, parking lots filled, crowd backed out the door waiting their turn. It has become a way of life for many. I know several families who never eat at home. In fact the number of "3- meal -out- a - day" diners has risen 23% in the past five years according to one study I saw.

I'd get tired of that very fast I think. Eating out for us is still something special. Or something we do on vacation or travels. I enjoy dining out, but really I am lucky in that I've never seen a restaurant that could beat what I get at my own table. Kristie and I enjoy cooking. It's an important part of our lives to cook and eat together.

Tonight I was "in charge" and with her assistance we made a great sweet red sauce served over egg noodle pasta with a serving of stir-fried ( slightly steamed ) veggies and Hillshire Farms Hardwood smoked chicken sausage. You need to try it sometime.

After dinner it was coming up a thunderstorm so we unplugged everything and set down together ready to ride it out. The storm didn't last long and as soon as it had past I was cuing-up some soft romantic music. There is nothing better than to be snuggling together for a nap on the couch while soft Randall Bramblett music plays in the background.

Next thing you know it is hours later. Now that is what I call real reality programing.

No comments: