Friday, June 10, 2011

About a year ago Kristie and I enjoyed a relaxing night of live music. Last night I traveled to Greenville to hear Randall Bramblett again. Unlike the 2010 show this was a full band show. Actually it was a hybrid show featuring the Australian Guitar guru Geoff Achison, his band featuring Randall.

I'd never heard Geoff Achison before other than a couple short clips on his web page. But I'll make every effort to be there any time his is back in this area. This guy was amazi
ng on guitar. He wasn't using any effects, not even a volume pedal, but the sounds he produced defy logic. It is obvious that not only does he have coming from Australia in common with Tommy Emmanuel, but he shares many very similar techniques. His extremely fiery playing was perfect for Randall Branblett's soulful southern blues styles.

Like a
lways I had to treat myself to a DVD and cd which are currently set on continuous repeat on my stereo.

It was a great night of music to cap an musical week.

No comments: