Tuesday, June 07, 2011

This afternoon I was talking to an older man, a farmer about a planned trip his family wanted to make to Disney World taking him, his wife and the two grand kids. He kept saying, "I just don't sponsor this idea." I guess meaning he did not want to go or that he wasn't to keen on going. I never heard anyone say that before. And it caused me to think of other unique ways of saying the same thing.

"I just don't cotton to that." " It don't light my fire." Can't switch on a bulb". Then there is the, "It don't float my boat." It doesn't blow my skirt up." "It don't make my skillet fry faster". One truly funny one I once heard was, "That idea or 'idee' jus' don't shine my shoes." And a final thought if you really don't like the plan you say, " that'll make a donkey cry."

Bye

No comments: