Sunday, June 12, 2011

I came across this article on the web today about how the drug runners are becoming more creative and more high tech in their smuggling. It has become an ever changing battle just to keep up in the Drug Wars

It seem they have a new tool. A drug running submarine. Here it is after capture.

Colombian Marines seized a makeshift submarine capable of smuggling up to 12 tonnes of whatever. It was large enough to have space for four crew members.

I don't need it for smuggling anything, let alone drug running but wouldn't it be cool to own a sub?

At least one U.S. company are marketing one. The Phoenix 1000. And it's a big one. At over 2oo feet long ( 213 ) with more than 5000 sq feet of space on four levels. The web site doesn't list a price but you can imagine I am sure.

A little more realistic is the Triton 1000. Made by the same company the Triton is 3 meters long and seats two people.

Still no mention of the price but again I suspect it is well beyond my budget.

Maybe I should just build my own. Lets see here. I have a a couple 55 gallon drums and lot of garden hose and a hack saw. I'm thinking bike pedals for power and an old broken oar as a rudder.

Let me get back to you on this one after I draw up some plans.






No comments: