Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dah Dah Dah Dum (snap) (snap)

Dah Dah Dah Dum (snap) (snap)

They’re creepy and they’re kooky

Mysterious and spooky ….

We all instantly know that song. It’s the classic theme from televisions “Addams Family” comedy. Writer Vic Mizzy ( 93) died yesterday. He was no stranger to tv songwriting. I am sure you can remember with equal ease the song for tv’s “Green Acres”.

But it’s the Addams Family theme that I catch myself humming most often. Mizzy was not a stranger to the music charts either. Having written top hits for Dean Martin, Doris Day, Perry Como and Billie Holiday in the 40’s and 50’s. If that was too far before your time you might be surprised he also had a song on the sound track for the “SpiderMan II” and “Spiderman III” movies. His family said he stayed busy until his last days.

Tonight I plan an Addams Family ( tv version ) mini marathon in his honor. And don’t be surprised if tomorrow you hear me singing:

Green Acres is the place to be

Farm living is the life for me

Land spreading out so far and wide

Keep Manhattan just gimme that country side.

No comments: