Wednesday, October 14, 2009






My wife and I don't watch a lot of commercial TV.
Plain and simple we seldom find things that fit us. We don't have Dish or anything similar. Don't subscribe to cable. We don't even have an outside antenna. Some people would say that is why we don't find anything to watch, but after years of cable I argue it's because the quality of most of shows is lacking. Why on earth would I want to pay for shows I am not going to watch anyway?

A salesman knocked on my door a few days ago offering to install this thing called Direct TV. I said to him, " I already have direct TV, it comes straight from the stations tower direct to my rabbit-ears and I get 22 channels." He left me alone after that.

People often ask what Kris and I do if not television. Ever hear of conversation? It's like texting except you utter words in the actual presence of one another. And it doesn't have to be 140 characters or less.

Don't get me wrong I watch stuff. I love reruns of "Law & Order" for instance. And I have accumulated a collection of great tapes ( remember those ) and DVD's.

But some nights we just listen to music and read. Books not l.c.d. screens kiddo's

Tonight we enjoyed something different. Classical Jazz music for piano and drums. You see Kris is a great piano player and I am obsessed with drums. So tonight I broke out my Bill Bruford / Patrick Moraz cd " Music for Piano and Drums. If you don't know who they are then you never heard of the groups Yes, King Crimson, The Moody Blues, U.K., Genesis and many more.

Do yourself a favor. Google them and expand your musical education.

2 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

I love the shows on USA like monk, ncis, and burn notice but that's pretty much it. the rest is all bleh! And all we have here is DVDs anyways because communist tv stinks ;D so i read and write and listen to music a lot. It's lots of fuuun :)

Rita Loca said...

"People often ask what Kris and I do if not television. Ever hear of conversation? It's like texting except you utter words in the actual presence of one another. And it doesn't have to be 140 characters or less."
CLASSIC! I must use this sometime...