Monday, January 29, 2007



Way back in 2000 Terry Bente' came up to me and said, " You have got to hear these guys" He was right again. He had a promo cassette of the Atlanta group doubleDrive. He was right. Don't let the Atlanta band tag fool you. These guys are a post-grunge powerhouse in the vein of Creed, Days of the New, and Godsmack, drawing from the Seattle bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, but never forsaking their metal roots. Their first cd, 1000 Yard Stare hits my stereo often. And it has a home on my MP3 helping me with those last couple miles at the gym without fail.

I got their VERY long awaited new cd today. Blue In The Face and I am pleased to assure you they are still rooted in metal and I hear traces of to draw comparisons to the hard-edged Queensrÿche, Foo Fighters, The Offspring, and maybe just a touch of Eddie Vedder himself . Any after one play so far I can say..I like it. Especially the opening song 11:59.

Check them out. doubleDrive rocks

No comments: