Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Kristie, Kevin and I went to see We Are Marshall tonight night. I should start by saying I've been waiting on this movie was first announced nearly a year ago. I followed the filming news. As a hobby I study aircraft crashes and have well over 500 official accident reports in my office. The stories around this crash are intrigue me. I read the report again the day before seeing the movie. So my expectations going into this movie were off the charts. I expected them to deliver the story just as I had it in my mind and my heart.
In the first 10 minutes of movie, my expectations were satisfied. They paid attention to details. This movie delivered the story. I will admit I cried a some in this film. If you don't, then you are probably an uncaring newt. I've nothing but good things to say after seeing it. This film flows well. Just the way it needs to go. The acting in this movie is strong. McConaughey is interesting in his portrayal of Lengyel. Ian McShane does a fantastic job, as does David Strathairn. This movie is an amazing production with stunning visuals, tons of football action, and most importantly a truly moving story. I feel it is one of the best films of the year. GO SEE IT

No comments: