Friday, December 08, 2006



We did something new and fun tonight. Kristie and I headed over to Greenville for a night out. Our first stop was downtown at Sticky Fingers. Let me say first I had to circle the block several times, but it was worth it. I got a spot right in front of the door. And it was COLD to. About 28 degrees at 7pm. But it was warm enough inside. More so for me because I ate the Habanero BBQ sauce. If you go to Sticky Fingers try the sample platter. But split a plate. It was so much I expect the doggie box will feed us both at least twice more. I loved the ribs. Better than anywhere around here and I think better than Tony Roma's. Kristie says almost equal to Bubba Gumps in San Francisco. I was surprised I loved the chicken. I tried all the sauces, but like the hot the most. Kristie had bid and won a meal in a silent charity auction , and it included dessert. She had Chocolate Oreo Pie. while I ordered Reese's Cup Pie. We actually split that too.
After we ate we walked the two blocks to the Carpenters Cellar dispite the cold. Parking was just too hard to find. Lee McDerment was playing there and we had been wanting to check it out for a while. It is a nice place. Typical underground ( basement ) coffee shop, club. But nice because of the Christian focus. There were four "acts" playing. Tyler James /Micah Dalton /Joe McCready. Tyler played alone on keys and guitar. Kristie really liked him. He was very laid back and relaxed. Micah had a three piece band and some really cool songs and riffs. Joe played just before Lee acoustic and did a great job. He is young with a huge future I think. Then it was Lee. Jeff Hook came along and joined on drums and it was more free style / Jazz/ funk than the church music. It was amazing. I have long been a fan of Jeff's drumming and he amazed me on the heavy jazz stuff. It was great guys, MORE !!! Dainel Harper was there to record for Lee and run the sound. So maybe a few cuts will get posted. Hint Hint !!! A very crowded good time was had. And a lot of the crowd was NewSpringers. We saw and chatted with most of the band, Carla Temples, LB and several of the production crew. Tom and a couple of the guys from Overflow also came in. Kris and I will be there again for sure.

No comments: