Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's been a few days since I wrote. I was out of town Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I was recovering and catching up on things. That brings us to today. We went to Charlotte for some continuing ed. It was held at the DoubleTree South Park. We booked too late to stay there so we punted and found a nice deal about 10 minutes away, right smack downtown. The Hilton Gardens. It was a nice place. I'd never spent any time right downtown Charlotte, but I was impressed by how clean and nice it is. I felt safe walking all over the area. Mostly business, banking and such, but with a few shops. There is one complex of building covering 6-8 blocks that are all connected by elevated covered crosswalks. Like Hamsters in a tube. Kinda cool.

The conference was next to a very up-scale mall. Prada, Tiffany, Nordstrom, Gucci, and so on. I happened up on a photo shoot in the middle of the mall next to the waterfall. Interesting.

The only thing I could afford there was a mega cup of coffee, which I sipped all morning.

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory in the mall for dinner. Yum !!! I had Orange chicken, and White Chocolate Raspberry truffle Cheesecake. Oh OH OH!

No comments: