Tuesday, March 13, 2007



Amy, Joel and Ashley came to the house tonight. It was a belated birthday celebration for Ashley and my birthdays. Kristie cooked dinner and Amy furnished a cake. It was the very first time I ever had a pink birthday cake. Well half was mine, half belonged to the Monk.

After dinner Ash had to show us her latest dance moves, and we found the perfect cd. Roger Glover
( of Deep Purple ) and Randall Bramlet. This cd is far removed from the driving Hard Rock you might expect but is filled with a wonderful variety of non-headbanging styles -- funk (the album-opening "My Turn"), reggae ("Burn Me Up Slowly"), folk-meets-soul-meets-rock ("Queen of England"), and blues ("It's Only Life"). It is a great cd that I don't listen to enough. Ashley picked it because she liked the cover. For us it was perfect. Over all I say 4 1/2 stars.

No comments: